At Komen Houston, we are committed to responsible stewardship of every dollar that is generously donated.
Thanks to the commitment and support of the Greater Houston Community, thousands of lives are being saved and each day brings us closer to finding a cure for breast cancer.
It’s simple. We’re fighting breast cancer in the Greater Houston Area. How?
- By funding research, education, screening and treatment programs that support those in the fight to save lives
- By educating on breast cancer risk factors, the importance of early detection and the resources that are available to them
What We Do
Komen Houston serves thousands of women, men and families in the Greater Houston Area as the local source for funding programs that:
- provide free or low-cost screening mammograms, diagnostic testing and treatment to uninsured and underserved patients
- provide support services such as support groups, patient navigators, to guide you in the process and free patient transportation before, during and after breast cancer treatment
We empower residents of our service area with information about the importance of early detection and breast health.
Locally, Komen Houston funds lifesaving breast health services to help uninsured and underinsured residents in the fight today. We also fund cutting-edge research to find the cures so that future generations will not have to face this devastating disease.
Since 1990, Komen Houston has invested more than $30 million into the Greater Houston Area via its annual community grants program to fund breast health programs and services for medically-under served residents.
The Impact We Make
Komen Houston is part of the big picture to eradicate breast cancer. But we’re also focused on the local needs of our neighbors. We are dedicated to educating Houston about breast cancer and the resources available along with funding life-saving screening and treatment programs for our neighbors currently battling this disease.
Komen Houston funding provided the following in the 2012-2013 grant cycle:
- 15,600 educated about breast cancer
- 40,373 people helped through patient navigation
- 5,097 screening mammograms
- 3,412 breast cancer diagnostic services
- 3,493 clinical breast exams
- 566 people receiving prostheses and bras
- 440 individuals receiving transportation to breast cancer treatment
- 44 people receiving breast cancer treatment assistance for surgery, radiation, and/or chemotherapy
- 931 breast cancers were detected through Affiliate funded programs
- 63 people enrolled in clinical trials
- 273 received genetic testing
The Impact You Can Make
You can help us save lives. Our community and the people we serve depend on the success of the Affiliate and we look forward to your continued participation.
Partner with us as we continue our fight for the cause. Whether you donate your time or resources, host a fundraiser or speak about this disease across Houston, you will make a impact.