Become the Top Cancer Crusher of the Week!
The entire Race Committee is pumped-up and psyched-out about announcing our newest fundraising contest. Join us in trying to crush breast cancer and find the cures by becoming our next TOP CANCER CRUSHER OF THE WEEK!
Beginning on Monday, August 13th, we will kick-off bimonthly fundraising contests to crown our TOP CANCER CRUSHERS – who will it be Houston?
Here is how the contest works:
- The contests will run Monday 9:00am to Friday, 9:00am of the week of each contest. There will be 7 total… starting the week of August 13th through the week of November 5th.
- To be eligible, all fundraising dollars must be entered online or dropped off at the Komen Houston office by 9:00am Friday of the contest week.
- Remember, it’s every other week and the prizes are FABULOUS!
- We will be keeping our eyes peeled to see which one of you can raise the most dollars toward the cure during that time period of Monday 9:00am to Friday 9:00am, and earn the coveted title of TOP CANCER CRUSHER OF THE WEEK.
- The winner will also receive a prize valued at $1,000! Some of the possible prizes include gift-cards by IKEA Houston and Academy Sports & Outdoors, or a hotel package of a two-night stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans with a Visa gift-card for travel and entertainment. There are 7 prizes!
- New TOP CANCER CRUSHERS will be announced at 3:00pm Friday of the contest week.
CONGRATULATIONS URSULA! She is a breast cancer survivor member on the National Oilwell Varco Team and raised $2,175! WOOHOO!
CONGRATULATIONS ANN! She is a breast cancer survivor member on the Marathon Oil Corporation Think Pink Team and raised $25,000! Ann is also a Komen Houston Board Member and has chaired several events, such as our annual Survivor Party.
CONGRATULATIONS DOROTHY! She is a breast cancer survivor member on the Episcopal High School Team and raised $4,595!
CONGRATULATIONS KATHERINE! She is a member of the Deloitte Consulting Team and raised over $5,000!
CONGRATULATIONS JAYNE! She is a member of the Kroger Food Stores team and raised over $3,600! Jayne is also a Komen Houston Board Member.
CONGRATULATIONS KATHY! She is a member of the BMB team and raised over $2,000!
Here is the schedule of contests:
|Week of Contest||
Winner Announced at 3:00pm on this day
|August 13-17||August 17|
Take advantage of the opportunities to earn the title, win a prize, and get us all one step closer to a cure!
*You can only be TOP CANCER CRUSHER once during this contest period
Accumulative prizes and awards valued at $600 or more are subject to reporting per the tax code according to IRS Code Sec. 74. Prizes other than cash will be valued at fair market value at time of acquisition and reported to the IRS on Form 1099-MISC. Prize winner is at liberty to decline the prize without tax implications.