Make an Impact by hosting a Fundraiser in your Community!
Thank you for your interest in supporting Susan G. Komen® Houston. Your support will help provide funding for research, education, screening and treatment for underinsured and underserved women throughout the Houston area.
Whether it’s hosting an event or just donating a portion of proceeds from an item for sale at your business, you will help save lives. We encourage you to use your imagination, just keep your audience in mind. Remember, your fundraiser can be as simple or as creative as you want!
How to become a Community Partner
1. Review our Community Partnership Guidelines*
2. Submit a Community Partnership Application - SUBMIT ONLINE HERE!
3. Please allow 7-10 business days for review of your application. in the meantime, if you have any questions or need assistance, contact us at 713-783-9188.
Upon approval, we will provide you with a Community Partnership Agreement which will outline the details of the partnership.
*Please note, a minimum donation amount is required in return for use of the Komen Houston Affiliate name and logo.
If you decide that your event or promotion may not meet the fundraising requirements, please consider making a general statement that the funds raised will go to a local breast health organization or breast cancer research and support. You may use a general pink ribbon. We would be happy and grateful to receive funds raised in this manner and will give public recognition for your donation.
We are grateful for the opportunities to work with individuals and community organizations who wish to host a fundraiser to help us fulfill our promise to save lives and end breast cancer forever.
Here are a few partnership ideas:
- Sporting events – golf, football, gymnastics, lacrosse, softball/baseball/kickballtournament, zumba or hip hop class, relay races, ice hockey or skate tournament, bike or hike, tennis or basketball tournament
- Fashion shows – at a local mall, school or college campus or venue of choice
- School events – “PINK OUT” days, talent shows, door-decorating
- School sales – t-shirt sales, bake sales or lemonade stands
- “Dine Out for the Cause” events at your favorite restaurants, coffee shops, hotels bars, clubs, etc. Community friendly companies will donate a portion of the night’s proceeds to Komen Houston
- Office environment – bake sales, fairs, dress down day, jeans day, wear pink day, holiday fundraiser, office golf/tennis/softball event
- Retail businesses – co-brand or host a sale to benefit Komen Houston
- Auctions and raffles