Make an Impact by hosting a Fundraiser in your Community!
Thank you for your interest in fundraising for Susan G. Komen® Houston! Your support will help provide funding for research, education, screening and treatment for underinsured and underserved men and women throughout the Houston area.
Whether it’s hosting an event or just donating a portion of proceeds from an item for sale at your business, you will help save lives. We encourage you to use your imagination to think of creative ways to give back that fit with your mission and goals.
How to become a Community Partner
1. Review our Community Partnership Guidelines
- Komen Houston has the right to approve events that represent the organization appropriately, uphold our promise and image, and offer net proceeds or an acceptable percentage of net revenue to Komen Houston. The completed Third Party Events Application must be submitted to Komen Houston at least 30 days in advance of the event for timely consideration
- As a responsible steward of public funds, Komen Houston believes that a reasonable percentage of the gross revenue from all fundraising events should be directed to our mission. Therefore, a third party that organizes an event to benefit Komen Houston is required to keep expenses to 25 percent or less of gross revenue. Exceptions may be made for first year events and on a case-by-case basis.
- All sporting related events held at a specific location, and some product promotions require necessary permits and insurance.
- The following entities must be added as additional insured parties:
- Susan G. Komen® Houston – 602 Sawyer Ste. 201 Houston, TX 77007
- Susan G. Komen® – 5005 LBJ Freeway, Ste. 250 Dallas, TX 75244
2. Submit a Community Partnership Application - Submit Application
3. Please allow 7-10 business days for review of your application. In the meantime, if you have any questions or need assistance, contact us at 713-783-9188.
Upon approval, we will provide you with a Community Partnership Agreement, which will outline the details of the partnership. *A minimum donation amount is required in return for use of Komen Houston name and logo.
Here are a few partnership ideas:
- Sporting events – golf, football, softball/baseball/kickball tournament, Zumba class, relay races, tennis or basketball tournament, etc.
- Fashion shows – at a local mall, school or college campus or venue of choice
- School events – “PINK OUT” days, talent shows, t-shirt sales, bake sales, etc.
- “Dine Out for the Cause” events at your favorite restaurants, coffee shops, hotel bars, clubs, etc. Community friendly companies will donate a portion of the night’s proceeds to Komen Houston
- Office environment – bake sales, fairs, dress down day, jeans day, wear pink day, holiday fundraiser, office golf/tennis/softball event
- Retail businesses – co-brand or host a sale to benefit Komen Houston
- Auctions and raffles