Supporting a charity through employee fundraising has excellent benefits for both the company and its staff. Along with raising invaluable funds to support Komen Greater Houston and helping us achieve our vision of a world without breast cancer, creating an employee fundraising campaign will help:
- Motivate employees
- Increase teamwork
- Create a positive workplace atmosphere
- Give employees the opportunity to develop new skills
Be adventurous and have some fun with your fundraising campaign. Consider some of the following fundraising ideas to get you started:
- ‘Keep it Casual for Breast Cancer ‘ - Make a donation to Komen Houston to avoid wearing your business suit or uniform for the day!
- ‘Bake Sale for Breast Cancer’ - Invite employees to donate home baked goods and host a bake sale for your colleagues.
- ‘Take a Swing at Breast Cancer’ – Set up and interoffice fundraising softball tournament that all company employees can participate in that will both help raise awareness and much needed funds to run breast cancer out of town!
Learn About Matching Gifts
Corporate matching gifts are a great way for employees to maximize personal contributions to the Komen Greater Houston and increase the impact of their gift. By taking advantage of a company's matching gift benefit, you may be able to double or even triple the amount of a contribution!
Click here for a listing of companies that match donations made to the Houston Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure®.
Contact your human resources or payroll department to request a gift matching form. If your company matches and is not listed above, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone 713-783-9188 for further assistance.
Thank you for making your gift count!